For a website to succeed and bring a fortune, it must be optimized for the search engine and the user. Such processes could take years of trial and error… Unless you use website optimization tools that provide an exact roadmap to success.
To turn your brand-new yet invisible website into a traffic-generating machine 24/7, you will need tools to nail search engine optimization (SEO). At the same time, the successful transition from traffic to sales can be achieved with user-oriented tools (UX, CRO).
Combine the two search engine and user-related website optimization tools, and you will see the traffic flowing, visitors converting into sales, and revenue growing. This article lists the most excellent optimization tools that will help you create extraordinary results.
Table of Contents
What Is Website Optimization?
All in all, website optimization is a process that involves a combination of various site improvements which result in (1) your website being visible to the target market and competitive, and (2) having a smooth customer journey that converts traffic into sales;
Website optimization for Search Engine
In simple terms, website optimization is the process of making your website appear on search engines’ first pages. As a result, whenever people enter a relevant keyword or phrase into Google, your site will show up on the first page and win clicks. Search engine optimization (SEO) involves:
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Mobile Optimization
Website Optimization for Users
The second, equally important part of website optimization is related to a pleasant and easy browsing experience for a website visitor, which results in desirable action, for example, signing up, submitting a lead form, or purchasing. Two main optimization categories related directly to users are:
- User experience (UX) optimization
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
How to generate traffic and conversions with website optimization tools?
You can significantly increase your chances of ranking on the first page by using good practices established by Google.
One of the most important factors is making sure that Google understands what your website is about by optimizing on-site elements, such as page titles, headings, and meta descriptions. Another critical factor is compelling and useful content that is optimized for keywords (on-site SEO). Shares and links to your content by others indicate the popularity and serve as a positive sign affecting your rankings too (off-site SEO). Additionally, there is a requirement to have a proper technical side of the website (technical SEO). By executing all types of SEO with appropriate website optimization tools, you can gain a competitive advantage over your competition, dominate search engine results pages (SERP) and collect the majority of traffic.
When you have a significant traffic inflow, you expect sales. But what if the website doesn’t convert? There are user-related aspects on the website that dictate the level of trust in your brand and create an eagerness to perform an action. Things like colors, pictures, positioning of content and buttons, navigation, and more either encourage conversion or hinders it. Professionals use specific UX and CRO website optimization tools to create the best possible user experience, eliminate distractions in the conversion path, and increase sales.
It’s brilliant that there are many excellent site optimization tools in the market to analyze your website’s performance and point you in the right direction. Once you have access to the crucial data of what’s working and what’s not, you can adjust your website accordingly to rank higher and sell more.
Why Are Website Optimization Tools Important?
Whenever you decide to optimize your website, it’s hard to tell where to begin. Site optimization tools provide a roadmap of what is working well, what can be better, and what is still missing.
Here are some ways that website optimization tools can be valuable:
- Minimize website load speed to improve UX and rankings positively (technical SEO)
- Ensure smooth crawlability of your site for search engine bots for the right indexing (technical SEO)
- Create a clear structure of your website content and its link architecture for better rankings and easy user navigation (technical SEO)
- Discover where the most traffic and conversion opportunities lie to beat the competition (on-site SEO)
- Showcase expertise to your target audience by covering your niche-related keywords to become visible to your target audience and win traffic (on-site SEO)
- Create relevant and SEO-optimized content to increase your chances of appearing in top SERP positions (on-site SEO)
- Raise your domain authority by exercising backlink opportunities (off-site SEO)
- Offer pleasant and easy-to-use website design to minimize bounce rates and boost conversions (UX)
- Establish pleasant mobile and desktop user experience (mobile optimization, UX)
- Increase the level of engagement on your site by optimizing calls to action (CRO)
- Design a superb customer journey to increase conversion rate and revenue (UX, CRO)
Overall, website optimization tools provide detailed reports that help you make better decisions and adjust your site as needed to maximize rankings, traffic, user experience, and sales.
The Best Website Optimization Tools
Technical SEO tools
What is technical SEO?
It is a process of optimizing the technical aspects of a website. Technical SEO goal is to make your pages readable for Google bots, meaning easy to crawl and index. It is achieved by creating a clear site architecture, URL structure, Robots.txt files, ensuring superb page speed, and much more.
To Google, your website’s technical performance defines the level of trust in your business. A side benefit is that it also improves the site’s usability for visitors.
Here are the most incredible website optimization tools to help you maximize Technical SEO:
1. Page Speed Insights
Page Speed Insights measure whether your website loads quickly enough on mobile and desktop devices and what’s possibly slowing it down. Website speed is one of the top crucial criteria affecting the rankings.
Moreover, Page Speed Insights will provide diagnostics and suggestions for improvement if a lack of technical SEO harms a website’s ranking. The results are based on specific metrics and are indicated by green, amber, and red colors. A green score (90+) is good enough to avoid a significant negative impact on rankings.
It is a tool that every developer and SEO specialist should have in their toolbox, especially since it is free to use.
Features and possible improvements:
- Reduce initial server response time.
- Eliminate render-blocking resources.
- Reduce unused CSS.
- Optimize image formats.
- Eliminate browser errors.
- Fix not crawlable links.
- Evaluate the color contrast ratio.
- Add missing titles, meta descriptions, and link descriptions.
How to use:
Enter the URL of your website and click “Analyze”. Wait up to a minute and then see your results. Use the data and recommendations for optimizing technical SEO aspects.
|Pros||Cons||The tool is trustworthy because it is created by Google. Free to use Shows results for both mobile and desktop devices||The performance score change from run to run Location/network can play a role The indicators and language are quite technical, so mostly specialists will make use of it|
2. Screaming Frog – SEO Spider Tool
Screaming Frog is an advanced tool widely used by SEOs to perform technical SEO audits. It is a powerful crawler that inspects every page and reports key data to a spreadsheet. In the report, you will find a comprehensive evaluation of the site’s structure, response times, and all other things related to technical website issues.
It is incredibly beneficial that the tool prioritizes the issues into high, medium, and low-priority categories, so you know where to begin. One of the most valuable features is that it describes issues and provides “How to Fix” suggestions. Thus, Screaming Frog can greatly appeal to both advanced SEOs and total beginners.
Features and Possible Improvements:
- Check the indexability of all pages.
- See pages that are canonicalized
- Find broken links and server errors.
- Identify too long/short/missing/duplicate page titles and meta descriptions.
- Discover insecure pages.
- View how long pages take to respond to requests.
- Download, edit and test a site’s robots.txt.
- Find too large images.
How to use:
Download and install a desktop tool, enter the website URL, press “start” and browse the spreadsheet for diagnostics. Fix the issues according to “How to Fix” suggestions.
|Provides all technical elements of a website in one sheet and saves hours compared to doing it manually Scans all pages on a website Provides how to fix suggestions Can be integrated with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and other tools||The number of tabs on the top can be a bit overwhelming for first-time users. There is some waiting time for large websites to be crawled.|
Paid version – for €185/ £145 per year
3. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is among the most commonly used tools by web developers and SEOs. Google kindly offers the tool for everyone for free. With Google Search Console, you can optimize your website to be search-engine friendly and, thus, increase your ranking and relevant traffic without any additional expenditure.
Troubleshoot technical SEO issues and observe the changes against performance reports with information about clicks, impressions, conversions, and average position. Discover the best-ranked and lowest-ranked web pages and analyze the differences in the context of technical SEO.
Features and Possible Improvements:
- URL inspection tool – check indexing and crawling problems.
- Index report – find details about errors regarding indexing.
- Experience report – examine page loading speed and responsiveness.
- Discover security issues – hacked content, malware.
- Indicate pages that go against Google’s webmaster quality guidelines for shadow bans.
- Conduct mobile optimization for web pages.
How to use: Open an account with Google Search Console, verify site ownership, and add a sitemap and a user if needed. Once successfully registered, inspect all reports to base your decisions and make improvements.
|Real-time SEO data available Receive email alerts when Google identifies issues on your site. Offers Search Console training||Getting started may be complicated|
Website Optimization tools for On-site & off-site SEO
What is on-site SEO? It is the process of optimizing your web pages on the site-level in order to increase rankings and organic traffic. It can be done by publishing high-quality content with relevant keywords and by adding and optimizing other site-level elements, such as titles, headings, tags, images, etc.
What is off-site SEO? It is things that you do outside your website to increase your search engine rankings by improving brand relevance, reputation, and authority. If people talk about and share your content, it is a positive sign for Google to increase your rankings on SERP. It can be done by acquiring backlinks, claiming your business profile on Google Maps, promotions on social media, and other strategies.
Here are the most helpful website optimization tools for on-site and off-site SEO:
SEMrush is a leading SEO tool that allows gaining a competitive advantage in the SERP by providing powerful insights about keywords, their gaps in the market, your content performance, and competitors’ keyword strategies.
SEMrush provides over 55 different tools for content optimization. They fall into SEO, content, market research, advertising, and social media areas. Given the tools, you can do a comprehensive SEO audit to determine where you currently stand. Furthermore, you can receive many tips about link building, content writing, and SERP feature targeting to improve your website’s strength and organic traffic.
SEMrush is a terrific tool for understanding your business’s digital presence and increasing your domain’s authority, rankings, and traffic via content strategies.
Features and benefits:
- Audit your website and discover accurate information about SEO score, backlink status, and keywords’ ranking; find areas for improvement and specific suggestions.
- Discover content topics that are trending in your industry to cover them in-depth and strengthen your website’s expertise in the eyes of Google and your users.
- Reveal topics that your competitors rank for and beat them effectively.
- Generate ideas for your content to create a strong content marketing strategy by utilizing keyword research, keyword overview, and keyword gap tools.
- Manage reviews for local listings to optimize your brand coherence.
- See an intuitive SEO quality score for every article, and discover the areas for improvements – additional keywords to add, the length, and more.
- Do a backlink audit to ensure its quality; see backlink analytics and acquire reputable backlinks.
How to use: Create an account with Semrush with a free or paid plan, log in to your account and utilize all features to maximize your SEO.
|All-in-one tool for tracking your domain authority, competitor analysis, backlink details, and keyword research. Very easy to set up. Offer a 7-day free trial. Consistently adding new features. Integration with Google Analytics.||The price is quite expensive. A steep learning curve. One-user tool, teams cannot share the account unless you purchase additional users. Search volumes are estimates rather than accurate data. Exclusively populates the data specific to the Google search engine; no data for Bing and other search engines.|
Free, limited account – $0
Pro – $119.95 per month
Guru – $229.95 per month
Business – $449.95 per month
Yoast is a WordPress plug-in that aims to help bring more traffic from search engines through SEO content. It advises how to create easy-to-read copy for the target audience and how to ensure search engines find and understand it. As a result, you can create SEO-friendly blog articles, maximize interlinking and gain more visibility that leads to a boost in visitors.
Yoast handily ensures that a complete SEO optimization checklist is followed when drafting new content. You can edit the text accordingly by observing your readability score, SEO score, and keyword density report in real time.
With Yoast, every business owner or copywriter increases their chances of ranking higher. Besides, you can start using it without being an expert.
Features and benefits:
- Yoast SEO allows you to optimize each post by entering a focus keyphrase. With a Premium account, it additionally optimizes for related keyphrases and synonyms.
- The redirect management tool allows you to collect all the traffic from a deleted page/post that would be otherwise lost and keep the value you have built.
- The site structure tool shows you suggestions in real-time on how to maximize interlinking with existing relevant posts within your website while you are writing a new post.
- Easily optimize titles, and descriptions sitewide – bulk editor allows to view all entries and tweak them if necessary. Yoast suggests the optimal meta tag limit to optimize the length.
- Collect competitor data on key metrics such as backlinks, SERP rankings, organic search traffic, and domain strength to craft your own content strategy.
How to use: You can easily install and activate the plug-in into your WordPress in just a few clicks.
|This plugin is easy to install and configure. Provides us with expert guidance on text optimization for SEO. It is intuitive and easy to navigate. Yoast is a reliable and lightweight plugin.||Blindly following the suggestions may result in the same keywords everywhere which could overload the text.|
There is a free version.
Yoast SEO for WordPress is $99 (ex. VAT) per year
Yoast SEO for Shopify is $19 per 30 days
Plugin subscription – 5 powerful Yoast plugins – $229 per year
6. Surfer SEO
Similar to Yoast, SurferSEO is a software that aims to grow your brand, organic traffic, and revenue by optimizing your content and winning positions for relevant keywords. This tool offers four main features – SEO audit, Keyword Research, Content Editor, and “Grow Flow” AI-generated tasks manager.
With this tool’s market research insights, you can assess the competition and find the solution to win traffic by publishing excellently optimized and relevant blog posts. Surfer SEO takes the guesswork out of creating high-performing content.
Features and benefits:
- The software analyzes the market in your particular niche and creates a solid framework of requirements for an article to have chances to rank. It compares your article to what already exists on the market.
- The Content Editor is the most used tool that helps you to tweak articles in real time until you reach the SEO score of 100 by providing guidelines about suggested keywords, text length, image count, and other on-site SEO improvements.
- The internal linking feature provides recommendations on how to link existing articles, so you don’t have to rely on your memory.
- The Grow Flow feature provides personalized tips on how to get the most out of search engine optimization through new content, keywords, and internal linking. Receive weekly data-backed article topic suggestions.
- If you integrate Surfer with SEMrush, you will see relevant competitor backlink information.
How to use: Purchase a plan or start using a free version by creating an account with Surfer SEO.
|Saves a lot of time by automating keyword research, competitor research, and post-publish auditing. SurferSEO is extremely easy to start with and is user-friendly. Provides helpful how-to guides for beginners. Offers 7-day trial for $1.||Sometimes a 100 score may lead to content that is not readable or useful. The credits for a month do not roll over to the next month. Once you start to write an article and enter a keyword, you will be unable to re-edit it if you changed your mind.|
Free version; Keyword Surfer Chrome Extension and AI Outline Generator tools are free.
Basic $49 per month
Pro $99 per month
Business $199 per month
Mobile Optimization Tools
What is mobile optimization?
Mobile optimization is the process of optimizing web pages for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and others. Mobile optimization includes creating a responsive design that looks great across all device sizes, ensuring fast loading times, utilizing mobile-friendly navigation features, and more.
Here is one of the most valuable website optimization tools for mobile:
7. Google mobile-friendly test
Google has introduced its own mobile optimization tool to check-and-fix mobile usability issues. Needless to say, this mobile-friendly test evaluates the criteria used by Google Search bots.
Google mobile-friendly test is crucial for SEOs, business owners, and website optimization specialists. Especially that Google has introduced mobile-first indexing, which means that websites that are not optimized for mobile devices run the risk of being penalized in search rankings.
Google will mark the page mobile-friendly unless it exceeds the allowed threshold level of errors and will be marked as “Page isn’t usable on mobile”. The good thing is that all errors will be shown for you to fix and fully optimize mobile performance.
Features and benefits:
- Confirm that the content is mobile-friendly so those on mobile devices can easily view it. The tool will warn you about unloadable resources, incompatible plugins, wrong viewport property set-up, wrong text size, clickable elements issues, and more.
- The tool will point out if you have any availability issues, so you can fix any URLs that are not found or blocked to crawl.
- See if the content on mobile devices loads quickly enough not to harm your website’s rankings.
How to use: Enter your website URL and run the test. Browse your results and fix any issues.
|Free and easy to use. Reliable tool as it is provided by Google. The tool runs the tests in seconds.||An average user might find information too technical.|
Website optimization tools for User Experience (UX)
What is user experience optimization? When it comes to a website, the User Experience is defined by the extent the navigation of a site is easy and the encounter is pleasant. Optimizing user experience involves improving all the website pieces to make it effortless to act upon visitors’ initial intentions.
Find powerful website optimization tools for UX below:
8. User testing
User Testing is a leading UX tool that connects you with your targeted customer through Human Insight Platform. It lets you see and hear exactly how users engage with your website design, products, and processes.
By including the User testing tool, your team can receive insights from live interviews, usability testing, brand and messaging testing, and clickstream tracking from selected audience profiles. The tool further eases your work by visualizing the data and generating analytics.
Features and benefits:
- Connect with your target audiences and ask them questions or request to perform an action; receive data if it’s easy for relevant people to navigate the website.
- Try out new designs and copy and get feedback from target customers while answering many questions in the creative process.
- Speak to customer profiles about your products and identify what they like and what hinders them from performing the desired action.
How to use: Contact User Testing by selecting the suitable plan and number of licensed users and gain access to the Human Insight Platform.
|Great support and education team to help launch your test plan. Offers great customizability of tests Eliminates users from the platform that are not valuable/don’t provide answers or comply with requests. Quick recruitment and screening process, receive results fast. The platform is intuitive and always improving.||Lack the flexibility for editing the testing plan after launching. It is more geared toward B2C, B2B companies find the recruitment process hard. It is quite pricy, more suited for companies with larger research funds|
The price of annual subscription plans (Essential, Advanced, and Ultimate) vary based on plan capabilities and the number of users.
Maze connects you with your potential customers, so you can discover if your website is intuitive enough to use. Usability testing provided by Maze is most beneficial in the phases of testing a new site after launching or if you wish to redesign a current underperforming website.
Maze allows you to recruit your target market in research and collect vital feedback. Then, it spits out a practical and easy-to-understand report with the pages’ usability score, the number of misclicks, and heatmaps showing the aggregate users’ clicks. You can continuously gain visualized insights into how visitors interact with your website and make appropriate design decisions.
It is possible to test prototypes when conveniently integrating Maze with Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, and Sketch. Although live website testing is currently in a closed beta testing phase, this tool is auspicious, and you can possibly get an early-bird discount, so it may be useful to follow the news.
Benefits of the tool:
- Receive feedback about your website usability and potential bottlenecks in the customer journey.
- Discover if real users struggle with a specific task on your site, such as finding the information they need or completing a purchase.
- Test how real people like your copy, imagery, and interactions.
- Understand your audience by asking questions or opinions about your site.
How to use: Install the Maze tracking code on your website, create a test, and run usability testing on live websites. You will see the results on your dashboard reports.
|Easy to onboard. Easy to use - with little learning, everyone can run research projects.||The tool for website testing has not gone live yet. Once the test URL goes live, there is no way to adjust it.|
Free version – 300 viewable responses
Professional – 75$ per month, billed annually
Organizational – custom pricing
Hotjar is the most recognized mouse-tracking tool for user experience optimization among professionals. It analyzes website visitors’ behavior by recording their sessions and creating heatmaps indicating the user’s mouse movements.
By installing Hotjar, you will gain access to visitor recordings, heatmaps (click maps, move maps, scroll maps), and reports to where users left the conversion funnel. Also, opinion surveys can be run to answer questions about the brand and its usability.
This tool may give you unique and valuable insights into the most popular website sections and clicks while providing data about the least practical elements, content, or parts of the conversion funnel.
Data and benefits:
- You can find critical metrics on the dashboard, such as top-performing pages, total sessions, average session duration, bounce rate, graphs for rage clicks & u-turns, and more to learn what’s positively impacting UX and providing results.
- Identify reasons people are not clicking on our desired call to action and where the new or old users are dropping off.
- Find the sections on the website which are the most engaging.
- Discover dead clicks on images, icons, or elements and make them clickable increasing time on our website and UX
How to use: Sign up for a plan with Hotjar and gain access to the software.
|Hotjar has a simple dashboard. Easy to integrate. Collects data about users with privacy policies in mind. Fully integrated with major analytics platforms, including Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics, and more.||For large websites with thousands of visitors, business plans are rather costly. Substantial traffic is needed to test, thus it is not friendly to new websites. The heatmaps provided may be flawed. There is quite little correlation between mouse movements and where people actually look (eye tracking).|
Basic – free
Plus – $39 per month
Business – $99 per month
Scale – custom pricing
11. Attention Insight
Attention Insight is incredibly valuable for those determined to optimize both UX and CRO. It provides “attention heatmaps” that show which design elements receive the most and the least attention, indicated by a warm-to-cold color scheme and quantified in percentages.
Attention Insight’s AI-based predictive eye tracking algorithm has been built based on actual eye tracking studies and learned which details receive the most attention. It predicts where people look with 90-96% accuracy.
Compared to real eye tracking studies, which cost a fortune and take weeks to conduct, Attention Insight is very affordable and produces reliable results in less than a minute. Also, the insights about user attention from AI eye-tracking are more reliable than from mouse-tracking due to substantial uncertainties in eye-mouse coordination in the latter.
Attention Insight technology is best used during the early design stage to test a few different design concepts or in the later pre-launch phase of the site’s development to polish the smaller details in the selected design. Also, it can prove to be invaluable when redesigning an existing website that converts poorly or for quick hypothesis testing.
Attention Insight’s deep learning attention prediction algorithm is the most accurate commercial algorithm in the market, at least according to the publicly available MIT/Tübingen saliency benchmark (only a handful of academic algorithms are more accurate). With such accuracy and speed of results, it helps many UX and CRO specialists design incredibly appealing and easy-to-use websites with an impressive conversion rate.
Features and possible improvements:
- Find conversion problems with Attention Heatmaps by discovering which crucial elements grab the most attention and which don’t get enough. Maximize the possibility of the desired action by optimizing attention to these elements.
- Reduce the viewer’s cognitive load using the Clarity score. Find out if your design is too cluttered and remove elements contributing to clutter, thus creating an enjoyable customer journey leading to the desired action.
- Focus Map shows which design elements are registered by the user’s eye in the first seconds. If some essential element is completely missed you can adjust the design to correct the situation.
- Perform A/B testing regarding various concepts without having live or high amount of traffic. Discover the most promising design variations that are most worthy of testing with live traffic in seconds.
- See how your website’s clarity score compares to your competitors’ by checking their websites.
How to use:
Sign up for a free trial and receive access to the platform. Test desired pages. Install a handy Chrome Extension to analyze any live page quickly.
|Extremely easy to use. 7-day free trial. Results available in less than a minute. No need for recruitment since no human participants are involved. New data sets are regularly added to increase the accuracy of the algorithm. Accuracy validated by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) saliency benchmark scientists.||Sacrifices some accuracy (4-10%) as a trade-off for reduced cost and time. Only static image analysis unless you contact them directly.|
Solo – $23 per month
Team – $479 per month
Custom – variable price
Website optimization tools for Conversion Rate (CRO)
What is conversion rate optimization (CRO)?
CRO is the process of using data and analytical tools to level up a website’s conversion rate. By executing CRO, you can identify areas where users struggle or disengage instead of acting.
Many different CRO tools are available, from simple A/B testing platforms to complex machine learning algorithms that can provide insights into user behavior, preferences, and pain points.
Below you can find the selection of the most excellent website optimization tools for CRO:
12. Google Analytics
Everyone who wants their website optimized for conversion should use Google Analytics. With this purely analytical tool, you can gain valuable insights into how people access and interact with your site.
With comprehensive real-time data at your hands, you can see what’s working on the conversion funnel and which pages, call to action, and content need twisting.
Google Analytics (along with Google Search Console) is among the most vital and free website optimization tools that are usually set up immediately after a new website goes live.
Features and possible improvements:
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, and interests of your site visitors. This can help you better target your conversion efforts towards specific groups or segments of users.
- Traffic source information, such as the sources and mediums driving the most traffic to your site. This can help you prioritize your optimization efforts for the channels that are already working well for you.
- User behavior metrics include the length of time users stay on your site, which pages they spend the most time on, and which convert the most. This can give you valuable insights into areas where people might get stuck or confused during their visit, helping you optimize those areas to increase engagement and reduce bounce rates.
- Real-time insights, such as which pages are currently generating the most traffic and where that traffic is coming from. This can help you quickly identify any sudden spikes or drops in traffic so that you can address those issues immediately.
- Google Analytics offers powerful A/B testing capabilities that can be used to optimize website design, functionality, and content.
How to use:
Create a Google Analytics account with a registered Google email account. Create and name your Property, and add a website you intend to track. You will receive a tracking code to be added to your site.
|Entirely free tool, but has a paid option with advanced features for big enterprises. Fairly easy to set up. Provides comprehensive and accurate data. Manages multiple websites. Regularly updates and adds new features.||A steep learning curve - there are many functions and data tabs. There are a lot of jargon and technical terms. Doesn't comply with E.U. data protection laws. Customer support is not available.|
Google Analytics 360 – $150,000 a year
No one wants to lose sales. Unbounce is a platform that allows you to easily create beautiful landing pages and add a variety of pop-ups and sticky bars to convert more of your website visitors into customers. Due to a quite high price point, it is most suited for SMBs.
With Unbounce, you can create custom landing pages for each marketing campaign instead of offering one website to enhance buyers’ experience and boost sales.
Moreover, the AI copywriting tool can create professional and engaging content for your landing pages, banners, ads, emails, and blogs in seconds.
It is an incredibly valuable tool if you target a variety of customer profiles. Multiple landing pages may help you customize a buyer’s journey to maximize conversions and ROI.
Features and possible improvements:
- Landing page builders – Classic drag-and-drop builder allows you to create a landing page of your own design. On the other hand, a Smart Builder is an AI-powered builder with data-backed copy and design recommendations to optimize for conversions as you go.
- AI-powered writing tool helps you optimize every line in your content for conversion.
- Smart Traffic feature routes visitors to the most suited landing page for them individually to boost intended calls to action or sales.
- Detailed analytics – With detailed visitor activity data at your fingertips, you can easily see where people are getting stuck or dropping off in the conversion funnel.
- A/B testing: Unbounce allows you to easily test different versions of your landing pages and popups in real-time, so you can optimize your site design and content to boost conversion rates and maximize ROI.
How to use:
Download and install the web app, desktop app, and/or Chrome extension.
|Free 14-day trial. It’s suitable for people with no or little experience in building websites due to its intuitive user interface. Offers a great template gallery to customize according to your wishes. Easy to integrate with other software and apps. Suited for both desktop and mobile devices.||The price is quite high, there’s no low-tier priced option for individuals. Customization can be a little limited. Some customizations can be difficult to do and optimize simultaneously for desktop and mobile versions. Managing lots of landing pages can be difficult.|
Launch – $90 per month
Optimize – $135 per month
Accelerate – $225 per month
Concierge – $575 per month
14. VWO testing
VWO is a brilliant experimental platform to perform various testing and select a winning design that converts the most. Among the robust tests, you may find A/B, multi-variate, split, multi-device, and multi-page tests.
This single tool offers many features, such as scheduling push notifications, heatmaps, user interaction recordings, deep segmentation, cart abandonment, and triggered custom and subscriber notification campaigns.
All the functionality provided by VWO helps to keep a visitor involved in the conversion funnel or encourages engagement to optimize and increase ROI fully. Conveniently, it involves many features that other optimization tools offer. It is most recommended for larger enterprises.
Features and possible improvements:
- Point-and-click Visual Editor – try out different headlines, images, or calls to action to see which one gets more people to do what you want them to do (like buy something or sign up for a newsletter).
- Try widgets – encourage a visitor to perform a call to action with a variety of gadgets that can be personalized upon on-page behavior. This way, you can capture more leads and drive conversions.
- AI copy generator – will help you test different copy suggestions against your existing copy. AI writer finds alternatives for headlines, product descriptions, CTAs, and more, improving conversions 75% of the time.
- Visualized detailed analytics – track the results of running and completed tests, such as the difference in conversion rate, in real-time and use this data to make improvements that will help you grow your business and increase your ROI.
How to use:
|Try Free for 14 days. Support team responds extremely fast. UI and functionality of setting up tests are pretty intuitive.||Stores data only for the last 60-90 days. Can be expensive for small businesses. Quite large monthly traffic threshold to conduct proper testing.|
The pricing information is not revealed.
The Relation Between SEO, CRO, and UX
Both SEO and CRO are vital to the success of your website, not to mention your business. The truth is, there is little point in doing one without the other.
Great rankings and the flow of thousands of visitors to your website are surely healthy signs of a website and superb SEO. But let’s be blunt, traffic is not the ultimate goal of a business and will not help to pay business expenses.
The best way to think about it is to consider SEO, CRO, and UX as pieces of a bigger puzzle. The ultimate goal is to combine optimization tools from each category to create a comprehensive strategy for a website to win new clients.
For example, you can use one on-site SEO tool to discover topics and keywords which are searched by your target audience and have the potential to outrank your competitors. From our recommended tools, SEMrush may help you do it successfully.
The next smart move is to optimize that content to be as SEO-friendly as possible and interlink it with other blog posts. Yoast SEO or Surfer SEO are the perfect tools for that. By utilizing market insights given by on-site and off-site SEO tools, you may build a strong and useful blog that gains necessary backlinks. If executed well, your website should rank well and attract relevant traffic.
As your website gets bigger and more complicated, you need to ensure your technical SEO is on top of the game so that all pages are visible on SERP, the website loads quickly enough, and Google understands exactly what your content is about. For that matter, you should look at Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, and Page Speed Insights.
It is important to bring UX tools like User Testing, Maze, Hotjar, and Attention Insight into play. They will help you make decisions about creating intuitive website navigation so that users can perform their intended action, whether it is a sign-up or a sale, and not get lost or click off disappointed.
Simultaneously it is important to use CRO tools, such as Google Analytics, Unbounce, and VWO, that will provide you with data, design suggestions, and additional marketing tricks or features to encourage action and maximize conversions on every page and piece of content.
Now you see how all website optimization tools play their crucial role to make a website work successfully. As a result, you can constantly increase qualified traffic to your website and turn those visitors into customers, leading to better ROI and a higher bottom line.
Incredibly intelligent minds have created so many powerful website optimization tools that eliminate the guesswork for ranking well, receiving traffic, and engaging your visitors to convert them to buyers.
Otherwise, the right steps and practices would have to be found with much trial and error, which takes lots of time and costs a lot of money. Gladly, by utilizing site optimization tools you receive a clear roadmap to ensure you make the right effort.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, these tools make optimizing your site faster, easier, and more effective. Investing in the variety and right website optimization tools are bound to take your website performance and overall business to the next level.