As Freelance Writer is a self-employed job, the demand for this job is growing every day. Hiring writers are found in ample amount, by all top blogging companies to create the best content for their website.
Freelance blog writers with sound knowledge of writing, reading, editing, and using tools like headline analyzer, SEO, readability, and best essay services are more prone to get writing opportunities.
Image Source: Time Doctor
The process to hire a freelance writer is really critical and crucial decision for a company. It is said so as the content itself is entirely responsible to attract customers, visitors, readers and business partners. Some of the best freelancer websites that are used by companies are Fiverr, Upwork and TopTal.
We will definitely go through the step-by-step procedure to hire blog writer. But before that let’s get familiar with some of the features that Freelance Blog Writers should have to get writing opportunities in a legitimate writing services.
Key Features of Freelance Blog Writers
Image source: ClearVoice
As rightfully said, “Writing is the painting of the voice.” In order to make your information clear and understandable to the readers, you need to make sure to develop certain qualities as top content or essay writers for hire.
Let’s get familiar with them!
● Prominent Communication Skills: Writing is all about communicating. So, if you are a freelance writer for hire you must make sure to communicate well with your readers and editors so that you can convey the information in a complete, simple and realistic way.
● Learn Every day and Implement What you Learn in the Writing: If you are a freelance writer, you must know that things change each and every single day. What’s trendy in the market today might be outdated tomorrow. So, if you want to engage your readers make sure to learn different things each day and implement them in your writing.
● Take Criticisms Well: Freelance writers for hire must understand that writing is such a field where we get both appreciation and criticism. So, if you are criticized for your writing instead of feeling sad about it you should note down the points where you need to improve to eradicate the criticism.
● Creativity: Copied content takes you nowhere. Learning through others’ work is a great way. But one must understand that as a Freelance writer it is really important to use your own words and creativity while writing any sort of content.
There are plenty of other features, but for this article, we would like to conclude this section with just four of them.
Types of Freelance Writing
Freelance Writing seems like a small world. But to be honest there is a big world inside this small world.
Let’s get familiar with some of the Freelance Writing gigs:
● Blog Writing
● Article Writing
● Newsletter Writing
● SEO Writing
● Ghost Writing
● Content Marketing Writing
● Technical Writing
● White Paper Writing
● Copy Writing and much more
Steps to Hire Freelance Writer
As of now, we are sure you have enough information about Freelance Writer, the features they must have and their types.
So, moving forward, let’s go through the necessary steps to be taken while hiring writers for Freelancing:
1. Checks Academics and Skill Level
We all know that academics is not only an important part when it comes to seeing what your Freelance writer potential is!
But, if they gain a degree in writing or anything familiar with it, they definitely do have more information about their job which will eventually help them in their job.
That being said while hiring writers if they have a degree in something related to writing it will be beneficial for both the employer and employee.
Image Source: CINETALES
Besides academic’s skill is also an important factor, so make sure to check out what skills the Freelance writer has. Go through some of the articles they have written before.
This way you will be able to have a piece of sound information on what your writer can do!
It takes both academics and proper skills to stand out and write better to stand out among your competitors. So, make sure you hire a writer who has both good academic and writing skills.
2. Plenty of Experience
When it comes to writing, experience is one of the most important factors to hire freelance writers. Writers with plenty of years of writing experience have sound knowledge of all the dos and don’ts of writing.
This content, blog, articles or anything else written by experienced writers will be more clear, more complete, organized and more informative.
They will be rightfully able to provide the exact piece of information that the reader is willing to find answers for!
Even while writing about products or deals or services, completeness will give you a positive impact which will eventually increase the sales rate of your business.
Authentic content with proper SEO will also help your website rank at the top of different search engines.
3. Capability to Meet Deadlines
Enthusiasm always goes a long way. There is no point if your writer is amazing but lacks the capability to work under deadlines. It’s all wasted.
So, during the training period make sure that your Freelance writer is able to complete work on time unless there are some health issues.
For example, if a Christmas Deal is published after Christmas, then there is no point in publishing the article. So, time plays a great role in the writing field.
4. Know your Writer Better
The best way to know about your writer while hiring writers is to ask them questions. Question about their writing and everything that comes along with it.
Some of the best questions to be asked Freelance writers for hire are:
● What kind of content do you write?
● What did you start writing in the first place?
● What things do you keep in mind when writing?
● What are your steps while writing?
● What is your working schedule?
● How many words can you write per day?
● What is your pay scale?
● How can your writing be beneficial for our company/organization?
The list just goes on and on! Before hiring any writers make sure that you know about them and whether they have what you are looking for!
5. Create an Onboarding Process
This is the last yet most important step to follow when you decide to hire Freelance blog writers. Just because you are hiring a Freelance writer you must not neglect the onboarding process as it might give you a lot of trouble later.
This way you can hire and integrate writers into the organization and won’t have a fear of them leaving without any notice.
Onboarding basically has four different phrases, which are mentioned below:
● Onboarding and welcoming
● Assigning new roles
This is the end of our article ‘How to Hire Freelance Writers for your Website to Boost your Content?” We hope this article, helped you to know the proper way for hiring writers for your website.
It’s crucial thing to obtain the best writers. So, make sure that you make a proper plan before beginning the hiring process.
Moreover, if you have any kind of suggestions or queries, feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below! We would be more than happy to help you.